May 15, 2012
So, I've been thinking of writing for a long time now - probably since I was 6. That's almost 50 years. Of course, I've written over the years: I'm good at academic/bureaucratic styles and topics. I've written so much, in fact, that I don't
(generally) take it personally when suggests edits to what I've written. But I never actually took the time to write for myself about what I was interested in.
Now I, like a lot of other people my age, am looking at retiring from the work I've done for the last 30 years, and am taking a new path:
- We're preparing an old (1970) and very loved but used 42' Grand Banks Trawler, which we've named 'Further,' to be our traveling residence.
- We're giving the gift of independence to our three children.
- We're selling our home and making decisions about 'stuff.'
- We're saying, "See you around," to our friends and relations.
- We're preparing to go further.
I like playing with social media. I am trying to understand the pros and cons, ins and outs. For a lot of you, sharing a blog may not seem like a big deal, but for me - it's huge! Putting myself out there like this - well, it just feels dangerously exciting! Just like selling everything and moving from everything and, well, going 'Further.' But here we go. If you'd like to join me as we get to 'Further,' I'd be happy to have you.
wilda jeanne
Wilda, for some reason I was not able to get to your second posting on your blog from FB. Got on from the laptop with no problems. Loving your posts. Keep it up!!!! (now we will see if my comment posts) Love you! Mary Beth
ReplyDelete